[OPE-L:5291] Re: how is SNLT measured?

From: charlie (charles1848@value.net)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 18:14:18 EST

Both capitalists and workers can gauge comparative intensities of
labor without a theory of value and of the socially necessary
labor time that constitutes its magnitude. The capitalist sees
how his "labor cost" compares with another capitalist, and
workers see--and feel--how their effort compares with other jobs.

Before trying to measure the socially necessary labor time in
individual products and the jobs that make them, I'd ask why one
would attempt to use the theory of value this way.

Charles Andrews
Web site for my book on this subject is at
http://www.LaborRepublic.org