[OPE-L:5343] agricultural technologies and positivism

From: glevy@pratt.edu
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 09:40:55 EDT

>From another list. If replying, please cc the person making
the inquiry./ In solidarity, Jerry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:39:37 -0400

I am currently writing a paper on new agricultural technologies
based on biotechnology and genetic engineering. I am arguing
that the claims made on behalf of these technologies are based
on  a narrow positivistic view deriving from reductionist science.
I wish to use some of Marx's perspectives on positivism. Can
someone tell me the best source for Marx's views on positivism?

Thanks in advance

D.Parthasarathy
Assistant Professor
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Indian Institute of Technology, Powai
Mumbai, 400076, India
Phone: 091 022 576 7372 (off)
       091 022 576 8372 (res)