[OPE-L:5346] navigating the OPE-L archives

From: Gerald_A_Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 09:11:01 EDT

Every month from September, 1995 (when this
list began) through May, 1998, a series called
"THIS MONTH IN REVIEW" (later re-titled "THE
MONTH IN  REVIEW") was published.

For the years 1995, 1996, and 1997 I also sent
a series called "THE YEAR IN REVIEW".

I re-sent the entire series to the list in December,
1998 and you can locate both of the above beginning
with:

http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/ope/archive/9812/0005.html

If you want to see the listing of all of the posts in
the series rather than beginning with 9/95,  go to:

http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/ope/archive/9812

I encourage newer members to use these
resources as a way of locating topics that we
discussed in our early period.  The series was
ended after May 1998 because it took too much
time for me to write each month.  There are also
some other posts, such as "HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
OPE-L!", which were re-printed at the same time
and are worth a read.

I also encourage those who joined after our first
year to read a five part series entitled "CONCEPTION
DAY"  which begins with [2794 -- old series]:

http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/ope/archive/9608/0016.html

The above tells the story of how and why OPE-L was
founded. A retrospective appears the following
year (same date).

Of course, none of you would be able to access our
archives without the prior efforts of Iwao Kitamura
and the continuing efforts of Allin. Thanks again.

In solidarity, Jerry