[OPE-L:5350] Re: Re: Re: double divergence

From: Paul (clyder@gn.apc.org)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 16:13:36 EDT

On Sat, 07 Apr 2001, you wrote:

> (1)	W = C + N
> 	  = C + mL
>
> (2)  	S = N - V
>  	  = m (L - Ln)
>
> where W is value, C is constant capital, V is variable capital, N is
> new-value, L is total current labor, m is money-value-added per hour, Ln
> is necessary (= V/m), and S is surplus-value.

There is surely a dimensional inconsistency here.
if m is as you say money-value per hour, say $ per hour,
then the dimension of the whole equation is in money not
in value.

I would say that the fundamental equation for the value of the product
is
W = C+V+S = C+ L

and the exchange value of the product measured in money would be
P=mW

--
Paul Cockshott
paul@cockshott.com