[OPE-L:5401] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: turnover time and surplus value

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 17:20:39 EDT

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Rakesh Narpat Bhandari wrote:

> Consider again the example which I gave. Workers can produce a given
> quantity in half the time....

When you refer to your example, do you mean what you wrote in
OPE-L:5373, or did I miss something prior to that?  If you're talking
about 5373:

        c    v  sv  s/v    r
I      100  50 50  100%  33%
II     100  25 50  200%  40%

could you expand on what you suppose to be happening here?  You said,
"If the variable capital goes from turning over once a year to twice a
year, then the rate of surplus value (s/v) has to be doubled--even
assuming the size of the working population, the working day and the
real wage are being held constant."  I'm not clear what the change
v=50 -> v=25 is supposed to mean.

Allin