[OPE-L:5434] Effect of turnover on the rate of profit

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 12:16:50 EDT

I've prepared a short mathematical statement on this.  Since (although
the math is just simple algebra) it's difficult to present my argument
clearly in plain ascii I'm making it available as a PDF file
(16Kbytes).

http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/turnover.pdf

The note is intended to show how to decompose the effect on the rate
of profit of an improvement of labour productivity into the two
components (a) increased exploitation effect, (b) reduced turnover
time effect.

Allin.