[OPE-L:5799] Re: Marx's and Kalecki's monetary insights

From: Paul Cockshott (paul@cockshott.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 06:34:18 EDT

On Tue, 05 Jun 2001, you wrote:
> Andrew T suggested, in part, in [5773] that
> Marxists should re-learn Marx's "monetary
> insights, which provide the antecedants to  Post
> Keynesian Economics".
>
> To which Paul C added in [5775]:
>
> > Even better to re-read Kalecki.
>
> Paul:  Reading which books and/or articles by
> Kalecki do you believe are best from the
> standpoint of stimulating Marxists to develop
> monetary insights'?   (that's a quick and simple
> question that others are encouraged to answer as
> well).

 I find that the first couple or essays in the collection
'essays on the business cycle' show most clearly
the passage from Marx's vol II to Kalecki's theory, bringing
out some hidden implications of the reproduction schemes.

--
Paul Cockshott, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
0141 330 3125  mobile:07946 476966