[OPE-L:5857] Re: form and content re value-form and abst

From: Andrew Brown (Andrew@lubs.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 13:38:53 EDT

Rakesh,

a comment and questions:

> No abstract labor is defined in terms of units of socially necessary labor
> time.

This goes without saying.

 Unless a commodity proves itself to have been socially necessary, i.e.,
> to have had a social use value, by having been sold for money, it will not
> count as embodied abstract labor.

Who or what is doing the 'counting'? Ie. what do you mean by 'not
count'?

 Abstract labor thus does not have a distinct
> existence from money....which does not mean that utility or use value
> determines the magnitude of value.

What do you mean by 'distinct existence'? (eg I explored different
meanings of this concept in my previous posts)

Andy