[OPE-L:5921] Re: Re: Re: the wages of war

From: paul bullock (paulbullock@ebms-ltd.in2home.co.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 17:06:05 EDT

Dear All

Why is the term war different  today?  Since the motor of history  is one of
class struggle , war between Nations/ Nation States/ States are always  at
base an attempt by ruling classes to stay in the saddle by breaking any
resistance by the working class. The means are myriad.... from stimulating
servile
patriotism through to slaughtering the direct and most dangerous opponents,
there are no principles involved bar staying on top to be able to extort
more surplus value more easily
and OF COURSE have the other  guys  markets to absorb the product.

As Fred has said, the real issue now is to defend  all the poor and
oppressed, and for us in particular from the 'educated' middle classes.

Paul B