[OPE-L:5968] Re: RE: war

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 23:55:54 EDT

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Chai-on Lee wrote:

> Why do you have no hesitation in saying the Laden's Arabs were the
> perpetrators? Has the US government ever shown to the press any
> solid evidence for such an accusation?  Would it not be possible
> the fanatical eschatologists in the US might have also performed
> such grand things?

The bin Laden connection is probable, not proven.  But it is well
established that last Tuesday's teams were arabs: we know their names
(e.g. Mohammed Atta and Marwan Al-Shehhi, who are thought to have
piloted the planes into towers 1 and 2 of the WTC respectively).

> Lots of youths (especially in the age of 30s) in South Korea
> suspect the Bushmen themselves might have plotted such terrors to
> exploit the present situation for their own political advantages.

Korean youth is misinformed in this matter.  This supposition is
totally incredible.  Apart from any other considerations, there is
simply no way they could get away with it.

> Why not investigate the possible internal accomplices who must
> have helped the terrorists in the meantime? How can such
> synchronized multiple terrors be performed without internal helps?

You can be sure the FBI is rigorously investigating all possible
internal accomplices.

Allin Cottrell.