[OPE-L:5991] alleged CNN falsification

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 11:29:17 EDT

Paul Z wrote:

 Rakesh thinks it's inconsequential but I don't.
____________

Let me be clear: i think the question of whether the footage was faked or
recycled from a previous war is inconsequential in regards to the criticism of
the use of it in the aftermath of the war.

as i said in my last reply to allin:

" no one was interviewed--not the celebrators or the on-lookers (who did
not even enter in the picture). so it seems to me to have been a pernicious use
of imagery. we don't know what these kids were thinking, what they were happy
about, why they were happy, etc. Maybe they were celebrating the hit on the
pentagon, not the world trade center. maybe they didn't even know what the
latter was. who knows? seems to be irresponsible journalism to me. but there
are many worse examples of journalistic abuse."

Rakesh