[OPE-L:6267] Citation from Vol. 3 help requested

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 15:18:08 EST

Vol. 3 in the Vintage edition, p. 348, has, I understand, a wording
"expropriating the final residue of direct producers who still have
something left to expropriate".  Could someone who has that edition confirm
the wording and tell me the exact antecedent, who is being expropriated?

In the Progress edition it is 'minor capitalists', not workers ("On the
other hand, a fall in the rate of profit again hastens the concentration of
capital and its centralisation through expropriation of minor capitalists,
the few direct producers who still have anything left to be expropriated",
p.241).  Is it also 'minor capitalists' in the Vintage edition.   The full
sentence would be useful to me.

Thanks, Paul

Paul Zarembka, editor, RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY at
********************* http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka