[OPE-L:6291] Re: Re: recent science and society and Fred M's interpretation

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 10:55:24 EST

>Rakesh denies any change between 1924 and 1934, but here is Rick Kuhn:

Paul Z, I do not deny a change or rather development in Grossmann's
theory of crisis which may have led to harsher criticism of
sismondi's crisis theory. But the impetus for the change in the
evaluation of sismondi's crisis theory would seem to be internal to
grossmann's own theoretical development, not outside political
pressure from the Bolsheviks.

I also deny that Grossmann begins to heap calumny on sismondi because
he came to know of lenin's negative views. Grossman's praise of
Sismondi is unabated.

rakesh