[OPE-L:6339] Re: recent science and society and Fred M's interpretation

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 22:15:04 EST

Rakesh, Are you sure you mean what you write below.  It seems to deny
Marx's grounds from revolutionary activity of the working class in
circumstances in which productive forces develops (production of relative
surplus value) and wages rise (e.g., through unionization).  Both can
occur, ALONG WITH a rising rate of exploitation.  Therefore, rising
exploitation would NOT be a basis of revolutionary activity.

Strange, it seem to me.  In fact, I think I never would have gotten into
Marxism under such a narrow basis for revolutionary praxis.  Paul

Paul Zarembka, editor, RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY at
********************* http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka