[OPE-L:6364] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: recent science a

From: Gil Skillman (gskillman@MAIL.WESLEYAN.EDU)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 17:40:24 EST

Alejandro writes  6346:

>What do you think, Jerry?
>
>Are you ready to choose the rather modern, advanced and fashionable
>"Copernican" methods Gil offers us, or to loose being an old fashioned,
>"cumbersome" Ptolemaic Marxist, interested in the way people spent their
>labor-time (their life!) to get their living conditions?

Hmm, this is a bit loaded, isn't it?  First, as mentioned in a previous
post, I never suggested that analytical marxism was akin to a Copernican
revolution in Marxism--rather I posed the more specific question, couldn't
it be considered a theoretical advance if we were able to establish all of
Marx's valid results without reference to the theoretical construct of
labor values?  Second, of course, it is false to claim that only Marxists,
"Ptolemaic" or otherwise, are "interested in the way people spend their
labor-time...to get their living conditions."

Gil