[OPE-L:6398] Re: Production techniques

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 13:42:46 EST

re 6394:

>  I remember my brother (a real
>capitalist entrepreneur) who, at some point, decided to took some Economics
>courses at the University. After a couple of semesters, he told me he has
>never seen something more "absurd and unuseful" in the world than
>Microeconomics!
>
>A.

isn't this inadequacy of economics  why business schools had to be
opened--at UC Berkeley (I think) undergrads tend only to go into
economics if they do not win admission to the elite business major.
But there's an asymmetry of course: the business class got business
economics but the working class does not get the economics of the
working class in part of course because labor value no more exists
than Ptolemaic epicycles!

RB