[OPE-L:6453] Re: Re: general law of value and the world market - refs

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 15:45:08 EST

re 6452

Jerry,
thanks for the message. I only have Sau's 1978 book which seems to
develop a theory of unequal exchange based on both national
differentials in wages and monopoly powers of first world capitals.
But I am not sure. Carchedi cites this book, if I remember correctly;
of course Carchedi develops another theory theory of unequal exchange
based first on the formation of intl prices of production and second
on currency devaluation.
Sau publishes pieces in Economic and Political Weekly; I remember a
piece on currency abritrage which was critical liberalization of
capital accounts. He has also tried to combine the insights of
Kosambi and Marx in developing a theory of the Indian capitalist mode
of production.
rb