[OPE-L:6482] Re: RE: Marx and the bible

From: Patrick L. Mason (pmason@garnet.acns.fsu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 13:13:30 EST

Jerry:

You are correct. The bible is not your area of expertise!!! :):):)

"Go forth and multiply" is not the proper interpretation of the Marxian
text in question.

Further, you have twice quoted the reference to Moses and the Prophets from
the book of Luke, which is in the New Testament, i.e., that part of the
bible that is separate from the Hebrew bible. The Law of Moses, the
Prophets, and the Writings represent the corpus of the Hebrew bible - all
of which is accepted by Christians and Jews. In fact, I believe that the
Hebrew bible is also accepted by Muslims (I am not certain of this).

Marx may have held bigoted opinions regarding Jews, but the statement in
question does not reflect that bigotry.

peace, patrick