[OPE-L:6488] RE: Re: N. Sieber on Ricardo and Marx

From: mongiovg (mongiovg@stjohns.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 22:33:25 EST

Yes, I agree that there are differences between Marx and Ricardo--as there are
differences between Smith and Ricardo, or between Hicks and Marshall.  This
doesn't negate my point that Marx was building upon Ricardo's work, partly by
criticising it, partly by developing insights he accepted as valid, and that
Marx understood his project in these terms. Paul Z. had argued that this
reading is in some sense retrogressive.

Gary