[OPE-L:6497] Re: Re: Marx and the bible

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 10:52:50 EST

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, gerald_a_levy wrote:

> When people
> in Marx's time and our own ridicule the appearance and behavior of Moses and
> Abraham et al, it is often just a thinly-veiled form of anti-Semitism. Was
> this Marx's intention? I don't know. But, given what he wrote in some of his
> personal correspondence, it makes me wonder.
>
> In solidarity, Jerry

Well, in 'our' time, I never heard what you are talking about. This "Moses
and Prophets" remark has been in my consciousness for a quarter of a
century and never once did I think of even a hint of anti-Semitism in it.
Maybe I am naive, but it seems to me as 'looking for a problem' in order
to discredit (a typical right-wing game).  Moses was always for me the
author of the Ten Commandments.  I'm rather shocked.

Paul