[OPE-L:6499] Re: Re: Re: Marx and the bible

From: Patrick L. Mason (pmason@garnet.acns.fsu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 11:45:37 EST

I'm in agreement with Paul Z. on this issue. Typically, Jew-haters divorce
Moses from "Jewishness." To say something negative about "Moses and the
Prophets" would be offensive to Christians and Jews. They are certain
prophets in the bible that are revered across Christianity, Judaism, and
Islam, i.e., Moses, Abraham, Elijah, Isaiah, Amos, Jeremiah, Ezekiel. Any
reference to "Moses and the Prophets" is a reference to this allstar
line-up. A negative comment on this group would offend a whole bunch of
folks who are not Jewish. This is true today and it was true in the the
mid-1800s.

peace, patrick l mason