[OPE-L:6631] IWGVT mini-conference at the EEA Boston Park Plaza, March 13-17. Apologies for cross-posting

From: Alan Freeman (a.freeman@greenwich.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 19:39:38 EST

Dear friend

Please find attached the list of sessions and abstracts for the IWGVT
mini-conference at the EEA in Boston, March 15th-17th 2002. Papers will be
posted on the website if time permits but may initially be available only at
the conference itself do to extreme pressure of work. They may also be
e-mailed on request to a.freeman@greenwich.ac.uk .

I feel I owe you all a particular apology for the extreme lateness, on this
occasion, of notification about the mini-conference, in contrast with our
past practice. A number of other highly significant IWGVT events took
priority including the two successful Greenwich University symposia; last
year’s colloquium at La Sapienza University in Rome, and the book  which
arose from it; and (finally!) the forthcoming publication of an edited
collection of past papers from the mini-conferences.

Other demands on the conference organizer made it impossible to achieve the
required standards in organizing this conference; during the last year I
have been in transition from my academic job to my present position as
economist at the GLA and for most of last year I was doing both jobs.
This transition is now complete; the growing level of academic and political
interest and support for the views that the IWGVT was created to propound is
testimony to its vitality.

I look forward to seeing those of you that are coming to the Boston
conference and can take this opportunity to give you an early reminder that
next year’s EEA, and IWGVT mini-conference, will be in New York.

Best wishes

Alan Freeman