[OPE-L:6776] Re: list procedures and coordination

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 07:45:25 EST

Gary in [6772] and Simon in [6775] ask basically the same
question. Gary asks:

>  I guess my main question is this: exactly what responsibilities and
> functions  would this team have?

General answer:  to discuss and assist list administration and advise
list coordinator.

Specific responsibilities might include:  review requests by listmembers;
discuss recommendations for new  members; discuss best ways to deal
with on-list problems;  discuss existing rules and practices; etc.

While I still support Alfredo's proposal,  I have to note  the almost total
lack of support  (or opposition) to date -- both on- and off-list -- that
his proposal  has received. Before asking members to be part of such a
committee I first have to have a sense that this is the will of the list.
Otherwise, we will continue  "as is"  with the existing practices for list
coordination.

In solidarity, Jerry