[OPE-L:7040] "How has the Gujarat Massacre Affected Minority Women: The Survivors Speak"

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 10:53:37 EDT

I received the attached report, dated April l6,  entitled "How has the
Gujarat Massacre Affected Minority  Women: The Survivors Speak"
Fact-finding by a Women's panel  (composed of Syeda Hameed,
Ruth Manorama, Malini Ghose, Sheba George, and Mari Thekaekara.)
It is a fairly long report and it is very graphic in parts, but it is a
crime which has not been widely reported on outside of India.

The report indicates that it can be quoted "in whole or in part with
due acknowledgement" -- which I hereby do.

Note to archives readers:  if you wish to re-publish, please
contact the authors of the report.

In solidarity, Jerry

attached mail follows: