[OPE-L:7149] Re: 'Quaderni di Operai Contro' (Vitale) v. Paolo Giussani

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 17:20:04 EDT

Re [7l48]:

Previously I wrote:
> > For a good extreme example of how Marxists should
> > *NOT*  debate issues in political economy see:
> > http://www.asloperaicontro.org/inglese/debate.htm
> > where you can download articles from l997-l998 by
> > A. Vitale -- debating former listmember Paolo Giussani --
> > from the journal "Quaderni di Operai Contro".

Paolo G responded:

> Dear Jerry,
> I am really surprised in seeing that you are giving some kind of weight to
> the stuff produced by people like Vitale.

Paolo: As can be seen above, the "weight"  that I have given to Vitale's
"public letters"  is as an example of how Marxists should *NOT* debate.

> Now, since you, Bellofiore and Cottrells belong to the keynesian-sraffian
> side may feel a bit pleased

To begin with, I don't belong to the "keynesian-sraffian side".

You might be interested in knowing that the "Quderni di Operai
Contro" website and the Vitale public letters were brought to my
attention by a mutual friend who teaches at one of the colleges where
I also teach.   So consequently if you think that there was something
less than honorable in my intervention  (in following through with
what our mutual friend thought would be an amusing exercise), then
you are mistaken.  My intention -- as is very often the case with my
postings  -- was simply to stimulate discussion.  That's all.

In solidarity, Jerry