[OPE-L:7180] Re: fundamentalism

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 17:44:09 EDT

Re Rakesh's [7l79]:

> It's a subtle but dishonest trick. I feel sorry for you. <snip>
> This is a dishonest and untrue and irrelevant and petty criticism <snip>
> the entire nuisance  post that you did write.  <snip> This was
> all simply mean spirited. <snip>

All of the above (and the rest that was deleted) and all of [7l75-76]
was really about the following paragraph:

> It is of course possible that you do not understand what you yourself
> write and imply. For my purposes you had already proven to me in the
> exchange about slavery that you do not in fact abide by the rules of
> rational argumentation. This only cements the case.

And I have no intention of debating the issue with you again given
what you have written.

In solidarity, Jerry

PS:
> Given your ethics and heart condition, you should excuse yourself.
Now who is being petty and mean spirited?  Do you really think that
others on the list can't see through this ploy?  [these are rhetorical
questions -- no need to answer.]