[OPE-L:7195] Re: Re: Re: fundamentalism

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 15:16:50 EDT

I would also like Gil to return to the list, and never asked him to
leave. I would hope of course that we can have a cease fire on the
transformation problem (or my own inverse transformation problem
which I imagine will soon be the dominant interpretation) and Gil's
chap 5 and 6 critiques. Of course Gil will say that I have myself
pursued his critiques with my own insistence that surplus value--in
the sense of an increase in the value in circulation which is
appropriated by Mr Moneybags--was produced without the
commodification of labor power in the cases of modern plantation
slavery, the putting out system and certain forms of what Jairus
calls peasant capitalism. But if we are to talk about such cases, I
hope that we will do it in terms of history and empirical evidence
instead of simply in terms of the hermeneutics of chaps 5 and 6.
Rakesh