[OPE-L:7230] anthrax

From: Asfilho@aol.com
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 05:09:02 EDT

Some of you may remember that, a few weeks ago, I asked if anyone had heard
about the investigations on the anthrax attacks in the US.

In today's Guardian, George Monbiot (www.monbiot.com) has a long article
about this issue. He concludes: "Several prominent scientists have suggested
that the FBI's investigation is being pursued with less than the rigour we
might have expected because the federal authorities have something to hide
... The FBI has dismissed them as conspiracy theorists. But there is surely a
point after which incompetence becomes an insufficient explanation for
failure".

The article is interesting, and raises an intriguing hypothesis about the
possible culprits.

alfredo.