[OPE-L:7397] new books from Ocean Press

From: glevy@pop-b.pratt.edu
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 14:03:20 EDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Ocean Press" <Ocean_Press@msn.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 08:11:22 +1000
Subject: FW: EXCITING NEW BOOKS FROM OCEAN PRESS

DATE: June 24, 2002
FROM: Deborah Shnookal/Ocean Press

MESSAGE:

Dear friends,

We would like to draw your attention to an exciting new series on
RADICAL
HISTORY recently initiated by Ocean Press. The first three titles in
this
series are now available!!!!!  These can be ordered right now directly
from
Ocean Press for a 10% discount by check or with a credit card
(mastercard
or visa). We have a special offer: Order all three new RADICAL
HISTORIES for
a postage-free SUPER SPECIAL price of US$20.

CHILE - THE OTHER SEPTEMBER II
A selection by Ariel Dorfman, Joan Jara, Salvador Allende, Pablo
Neruda,
Fidel Castro and others
80 pages, US$7.95  ISBN 1-876175-50-8

POLITICS ON TRIAL: Five Famous Trials of the 20th century.
Essays by William Kunstler on Sacco & Vanzetti, Rosenburgs, Scottsboro
boys,
Scopes "Monkey Trial" etc
Introduced by Michael Ratner and others commenting on the current
threats to
political rights and civil liberties in the US
130 pages, US$9.95   ISBN 1-876175-49-4

ONE HUNDRED RED HOT YEARS - Big Moments of the 20th Century
Preface by Eduardo Galeano
A chronological history of revolutions, resistance and reaction of the
20th
century.
80 pages, US$7.95   ISBN 1-876175-48-6

These will be followed in the next few months by the first books in
another
new series REBEL LIVES, which will consist of pieces by and about a
range of
both well-known and not-so-well-known fighters for social justice such
as
Albert Einstein, Helen Keller, Tania (Tamara Bunke), Nidia Diaz,
Haydee
Santamaria, Sacco and Vanzetti, Joe Hill and Chris Hani.

Both these series will be small format, cheap paperbacks prepared by
and
oriented to young political activists. We hope these books will
capture the
imagination of those who not only believe that another world is
possible but
who are also actively working toward bringing that world into being.
We
would love to get some feedback from you about the books we have
produced
and our future publishing plans.

Please also note that Ocean Press is in the process of changing
distributors
and our books are no longer available from LPC Group/CDS. We have
signed a
new distribution agreement with Consortium Book Sales & Distribution
(www.cbsd.com) which already includes a number of similarly
progressive,
independent publishers like Ocean and which has a well-established
reputation for customer-friendly and efficient service.

It still may take a month or so for this distribution arrangement to
be set
up, so in the meantime we are suggesting that you contact us directly
with
any orders - either our New York or Melbourne offices (see below for
details).

Regards,

Deborah

Ocean Press/USA 					Ocean Press/Australia
PO Box 1186, Old Chelsea Station				GPO Box 3279
New York, NY 10113-1186 				Melbourne, Vic 3001
Telephone: 718-246 4160 				Tel: 61-3-9326 4280
Fax: 61-3-9329 5040

E-mail: info@oceanbooks.com.au
Website: