[OPE-L:7427] RE: Aoki on money II

From: A.B.Trigg@open.ac.uk
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 04:10:33 EDT

Rakesh.
I also found the Aoki piece very interesting. Can I try a question out on
you? Aoki argues that C-M-C, simple commodity production, is Marx's starting
point in the first three chapters of Capital, Volume 1. Now this is is a
closed system, a closed circuit of commodities in which there is an
equilibrium solution. I agree that once money is introduced in M-C-M' then a
more open system is introduced, but as a METHODOLOGICAL STARTING POINT a
closed equilibrium model is where Marx builds from.
Any thoughts on this Rakesh, or others, would be gratefully received, as
always.
Andrew.