[OPE-L:7445] curses!

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@sfu.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 23:40:05 EDT

At 05:41 PM 7/22/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi, Mike, it's good to hear from you--How are things on Lasqueti?

terrible, gil--- the screen on my laptop is disintegrating infinitely more
rapidly than capitalism, and I will be unable to communicate after this
note until I resolve the problem (likely involving leaving the island).
    Suffice it to say that we disagree on the definition of formal
subsumption; for you, it appears that real monitoring is a necessary
condition whereas I would see the right to monitor as sufficient-- i.e., a
question of property rights. In support of my interpretation of formal
subsumption, see the Grundrisse (vintage), p.510.
         sorry to just peck and run,
               mike

Michael A. Lebowitz
Economics Department