[OPE-L:7514] Out of print textbook for "History of Economic Thought" course?

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 13:21:25 EDT

Robinson, Joan, 1903-The rate of interest, and other essays. Imprint:
London, Macmillan, 1952. Physical Description: 170 p. 20 cm.

I came across and put on hold this collection in a used bookstore
yesterday. I found quite remarkable for their clarity and
forthrightness two essays--one on the labor theory of value and one
on Marx and Keynes. I don't think either essay had appeared before in
English; one had been published in Italian, the other in French, I
think...Both appeared originally in the 1940s, I think. More details
after I buy it. There was also a rather irreverant essay on Euler's
Theorem and Wicksteed. But photocopies of these essays would be very
helpful to undergrad economics students and non-economists, I think.
They cannot be surpassed for their clarity and focus, though of
course I disagree with Professor Robinson's conclusions.
rb