[OPE-L:7577] RE: From Michele Naples on Gold

From: Itoh Makoto (mktitoh@kokugakuin.ac.jp)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 12:47:12 EDT

As for the special nature and process of equlaization of profit rate for the gold industry under the gold standard system, Makoto Itoh and Costas Lapavitsas, Political Economy of Money and Finance (Macmillan and St.Martin's, 1999)  tried to clarify the basic principle in relation with the balancing process of demand and supply of gold through business cycles in a section 6.3.2. It assumes that the gold industry is subject to equalization of propfit rate though in a specicial way different from other industries.

Makoto