[OPE-L:7618] RE: Nicky's reply to Riccardo B on VF theory

From: Christopher Arthur (cjarthur@waitrose.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 11:40:02 EDT

Nicky
To get away from your idealist epistemology you might take up R. Bhaskar's
distinction between the 'intransitive' object of knowledge (Berkeley's
stone) and the 'transitive' object of knowledge - the current Idea of stone
that we criticise and reconstruct in our theoretical practice - the bridge
is of course material practice.
He provides a succinct taxonomy of Marxostpositions inhis article on
Knowledge  in Bottomore's Dictionary.
Cheers
Chris

17 Bristol Road, Brighton, BN2 1AP, England