[OPE-L:7785] Re: Boris G. Zinchenko's Marxian empirical research

From: Paul Cockshott (paul@cockshott.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 16:41:35 EDT

I have looked at it.

It strikes me that it is true enough that you do not get a clear

breakdown of surplus value and capital in the initial presentation

of a Leontieff I/O table, it is not difficult to post process the

tables to extract this information.

"
      Nonetheless, such a refined balance may too be insufficient. In fact, it only reveals the transfer of goods
      between the industries and the individual consumers, while making no difference between the capital
      and the surplus value, letting alone the difference between the fixed and variable capital as well as the
      profit rate (see [3]). But just the latter aggregates give the opportunity to consider the impact of taxation
      policy on the whole process of the national reproduction.
 "