[OPE-L:7832] * Anti-Capitalism: A Marxist Introduction *

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 08:43:46 EDT

I could not open the attachment to Alfredo's [7817] (when using
Acrobat Reader I received the message "root object is missing or
invalid").   The following, which I picked-up from a message from
Paul Z to another list, is the content without color and graphics of
the attachment.  Note the many familiar names -- including 11
OPE-L members.

In solidarity, Jerry

P L U T O   P R E S S
ISBN 0-7453-1893-2
ANTI-CAPITALISM
A MARXIST INTRODUCTION
Edited by Alfredo Saad-Filho with contributions from: Simon Mohun,
Costas Lapavitsas, Diego Guerrero, Ben Fine, Les Levidow, Paul Burkett,
Michael Perelman, Ellen Meiksins Wood, Suzanne de Brunhoff, Christopher
Cramer, Elizabeth Dore, John Weeks, Simon Clarke, Paul Zarembka, Fred
Moseley, John Holloway, Michael Lebowitz, Paresh Chattopadhyay

Political protests against neoliberal globalisation, corporate power
and  the inequities of contemporary capitalism are increasing all the time.
Demonstrations in Seattle, Prague, Genoa and elsewhere have fuelled the
debate on the possibility of a radically different future.This book is a
collection of essays from some of the world's leading Marxist scholars
on the problems of globalisation and the evolution of modern
capitalism.The contributors provide a cohesive critique of the
weaknesses of the existing system and put forward a new agenda for
anti-capitalist thought and action.

Covering key issues such as globalisation, the nation state, money and
finance, conflict and war, technological change, the environment, class
struggle, economic crisis, capitalism in the Third World, the collapse
of the USSR and the transcendence of capitalism, this is an ideal
introduction to some of the most pressing problems of our time.

Alfredo Saad-Filho teaches political economy in the Department of
Development Studies at SOAS, University of London.
Politics
Pluto Press
London   Sterling, VA
www.plutobooks.com