[OPE-L:8027] Reminder: 10th Value Theory Conference at the EEA, Feb 21-23, Manhattan

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 16:06:50 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Freeman" <a.freeman@GREENWICH.AC.UK>
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 1:40 PM
Subject: Reminder: 10th Value Theory Conference at the EEA, Feb 21-23,
Manhattan

This is to remind you of the upcoming IWGVT value theory conference at the
EEA in New York next year.

We can accept abstracts up to the end of November at which time we must
provide the EEA organisers with a list of our sessions.

Cordially
Alan Freeman
Andrew Kliman

CALL FOR PAPERS

10th ANNUAL MINI-CONFERENCE ON VALUE THEORY

Crowne Plaza Manhattan Hotel, February 21-23, 2003

This year we celebrate an important milestone -- the tenth annual
mini-conference of the International Working Group on Value
Theory (IWGVT).  In the face of an increasingly hostile
intellectual
and political environment during the last decade, the IWGVT has
established itself as a force for academic freedom and critical
pluralism within economics, including within radical economics.

We invite you to participate.  The mini-conference will take place
within the Eastern Economic Association (EEA) conference, at
the Crowne Plaza Manhattan Hotel, 1605 Broadway, New York
City, from February 21 to 23, 2003.

The mini-conference will have three main foci:
* We celebrate our 10th year.
* We strongly encourage graduate students to present papers
          and participate.
*  In light of the recent global plunge in share prices, we
especially
          welcome papers that assess the current state and
possible
          future trajectories of the world economy.

Other papers consonant with the IWGVT's aims and policies are
also welcome. To foster pluralistic and critical dialogue, papers
should conform to the IWGVT scholarship guidelines.  Our aims,
and full instructions on paper submissions including our
scholarship
guidelines, are discussed in the full version of the Call
(attached as
a Word document).

Abstracts of individual papers are welcome from September 10th
onwards. The final deadline for abstracts is November 1, 2002.
The final deadline for completed papers is January 20, 2003.
Final
acceptance is conditional on papers being provided by this
deadline.

To contact us:  For further information, e-mail us
(Andrew_Kliman@msn.com or a.freeman@greenwich.ac.uk), or
consult our website at www.greenwich.ac.uk/~fa03/iwgvt , which
also contains past papers.