[OPE-L:8183] Re: direct and indirect causes of surplus-value

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 03:31:24 EST

Re Fred's [8182]:

> Jerry, the subsequent determination of constant capital and variable
> capital does not change their magnitudes.  Rather, the given magnitudes
> (which remain unchanged) are explained at a later stage of the
> theory.  And the subsequent determination of C and V also does not change
> the basic equation
> S = m (L - Ln)
> Nor do any of the magnitudes in this equation change.  What changes is a
> more complete explanation of the initial givens.

If the commodity product is not sold then a portion of the surplus-value
that was presumed/ assumed to exist exiting  production does not become
actualized and the magnitude of  S is thereby diminished.  The
equation S = m (L-Ln), thus, can tell us the magnitude of surplus-value *if
and only if* all of the surplus value is realized/actualized; if that is not
the
case then we can't say what the magnitude of C and V will be in the next
period of production since the movement C-M' did not yield as much
S and M as presumed.

In solidarity, Jerry