[OPE-L:8223] Re: Profit and performance measures in main-stream theory

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 08:28:15 EST

Re [8216]:

Hi Anders.  It's good to hear from you again.

> All references and hints are very welcome!

A couple of suggestions:

1) Have you seen (listmember) Anwar Shaikh's
"The Stock Market and the Corporate Sector:  A Profit-Based
Approach"?
http://homepage.newschool.edu/~AShaikh/stockmkt.pdf
While this paper doesn't appear to directly answer
your questions it does seem to me to be related to some
of the issues you raise.

2) Have you visited (listmember) Tony Tinker's "Critical
Accounting Conference website"?
http://aux.zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/critical/
There are a huge amount of papers that can be downloaded
from this site -- some of which are related to your interests.
btw, there is a "European Critical Accounting  Studies
Conference" that is being organized by Tony and others at
the University of Lancaster, July 7-9, 2003.  I know it's not
Norway but it's closer to you than New York City.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

In solidarity, Jerry