Re: (OPE-L) Re: Consequences of the War against Iraq

From: Ian Hunt (Ian.Hunt@FLINDERS.EDU.AU)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 21:38:08 EDT

Dear Jerry,
I agree with your qualifications on long term security for oil
suppies and hegemony of US in Middle east: I was referring to outcome
that the war would  tend to lead to (and expected by US planners) and
that it always subject to countertendencies. I also agree  that if
the emergence of otehr forms of resistance is only a necessary
condition of some alternative to terrorism: as you say, if left wing
resistance to US hegemony increases and loses its way out of
frustration, then there may be some counterproductive leftist
terrorism. I hope the ultimate outcome is one, two, three, Chiapas -
the alternative of more Iraq's will compound this disaster,
cheers,
Ian

--
Associate Professor Ian Hunt,
Director, Centre for Applied Philosophy,