Giovanni Arrighi

From: rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 14:50:42 EDT

This hasn't arrived at our local bookstores yet, but I have been told
that this is a rich and outstanding analysis.
rb

New Left Review March-April 2003

CONTENTS

Giovanni Arrighi: Tracking Global Turbulence

In a landmark engagement with Robert Brenner’s account of the long
downturn of the world economy since the 70s, Giovanni Arrighi lays out a
social and political economy of the roles of labour unrest, national
liberation and corporate financialization in the crisis of the post-war
order, and the prospects for a militarized US hegemony today.