(OPE-L) Re: III Coloquio en Buenos Aires (a)

From: OPE-L Administrator (ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 08:55:04 EDT

------ Original Message --------
Subject: Re: III Coloquio en Buenos Aires
From: "Guillermo E. Gigliani" <ggigli@secind.mecon.gov.ar>
Date: Fri, April 25, 2003 2:22 pm
To: glevy@pratt.edu, ope-l@sus.csuchico.edu

Jerry

The III coloquio is being organized jointly by Sociedade de Economia
Politica (SEP) from Brazil and Economistas de Izquierda (EDI) from
Argentina and will take place at Universidad de Buenos Aires on October
16-18, 2003.
As you may know, EDI has been created in Argentina after the revolts of
December 2001 by critical economists from UBA and other universities. We
have strong links with SEP, and Economia Critica from España and Mexico.
Some economists from abroad, like All Campbell, Gerard Dumenil, Alfredo
Saad Filho and others have promised to attend the conference. There will
also be people from Brazil, Colombia, Uruguay, Chile, Mexico and Spain.
Unfortunately we do not have any funds to finance invitations. Next week
we'll send a call in english to some friends in the US and in the UK
(Paddy Quick from URPE, Fred Lee, Alan Freeman) .
Any help you can give (publishing our news on lists) will be very
helpful for us.

Guillermo Gigliani