(OPE-L) Re: Patriot Act Raid at Indian restaurant

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 20:21:47 EDT

Hi Gary:

A brief "Google" search under Jason Halperin revealed the following:

1) the story in question has been published on other sites.
2) Jason Halperin is a real person and he is indeed associated with Doctors
    Without Borders.  See:
http://chaos.cpmc.columbia.edu/sph/Displayimage.asp?Event_No=525
3) You can do as I did which was to call his phone number 212-847-3143
    and leave a message.  I didn't deem it an emergency and so didn't call
    his cell phone number (which you can find out when you call the
    above number).

Given the above, I think that the story does ring true.  And his reason for
not mentioning the name of the restaurant also rings true to me.

In solidarity, Jerry