Re: (OPE-) article on Michael P

From: Michael Perelman (michael@ECST.CSUCHICO.EDU)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 22:56:30 EDT

I have a book coming out in a few months.  I wanted to use the title, The
Perverse Economy: How the Market Runs Roughshod over People and the
Environment.  The publisher rejects my subtitle.  We haven't come to a
solution yet.

I'm working on another book concerning the nature of the individual in a
corporate society.  I think the one will probably deal with the way risk
is handled under capitalism -- where people bear the risks, while the
state covers corporate risk -- in effect providing a massive transfer of
wealth and welfare.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department