Re: (OPE-L) Re: dreams and nightmares

From: Fred B. Moseley (fmoseley@MTHOLYOKE.EDU)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 21:51:31 EDT

Hi Rakesh,

I don't know how likely a US invasion is.  I hope not very likely.
And it is our responsibility to make sure that it doesn't happen.

But I can certainly understand why the Cubans think that a US invasion is
very likely, and are therefore preoccupied with preparations for defense
against an invasion.  You can see it in their faces - they are scared to
death.  We can afford to be wrong about an invasion, but the Cubans
can't.  If you were Cuban, with the decades of aggression by the US
against Cuba, and now with the bellicose Bush administration who owe their
stolen election to the Miami Cubans, and who are riding high after
"victories" in Afghanastan and Iraq, wouldn't you assume the worst and
prepare for the worst?

Comradely,
Fred