(OPE-L) METU conference on economics in Ankara, September 6-9

From: OPE-L Administrator (ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 20:36:45 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erdogan Bakir" <bakir@econ.utah.edu>
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 7:37 PM
Subject: conference

Dear Jerry,
I though list members on OPE-L may want to know about this conference to
be held in Ankara on september 6-9, 2003. You kindly forwarded the call
for paper for this conference that I sent to you and may also want to
pass the list of participants I pasted below on to OPE-L. I am
organizing the marxist/radical part of the conference and will be glad
to arrange the sessions on the themes of political economy, etc. in the
case that some of you on the list want to attend the conference. I can
be contacted at bakir@marx.econ.utah.edu
M. Perelman may also want to send this message to PEN-L (I am unable to
get my e-mail account with which I subscribed to PEN-L to work.
Comradely
erdogan

Conference web page: www.erc.metu.edu.tr
KEYNOTE ADDRESSES

Mario Blejer (Bank of England, Former Governor of the Central Bank of
Argentina)
http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/ccbs/

Kevin Hoover (University of California at Davis, USA)
http://www.econ.ucdavis.edu/faculty/kdhoover/

Adrian Pagan (The Australian National University, Australia)
http://econrsss.anu.edu.au/staff/adrian/

Ellen Meiksins Wood (York University, Canada)

*************** INVITED LECTURES ****************

THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF GLOBALISATION

Aijaz Ahmad (York University, Canada)
http://www.yorku.ca/polisci/faculty/ahmad.html

Henry Liu (Liu Investment Group, New York, USA)

David McNally (York University, Canada)
http://www.yorku.ca/polisci/faculty/mcnally.html

RADICAL POLITICAL ECONOMICS

Al Campbell (University of Utah, USA)
http://www.econ.utah.edu/facstaf1.htm

George C. Comninel (York University, Canada)
http://www.yorku.ca/polisci/faculty/comninel.html

Gerard Dumenil (CEPREMAP, France)
http://www.cepremap.ens.fr/~levy/

Korkut Erturk (University of Utah, USA)
http://www.econ.utah.edu/korkut/index.htm

Hannes Lacher (Eastern Mediterranean University)
http://ir.emu.edu.tr/astaff/hlacher.htm

Peter Meiksins (Cleveland State University, USA)
http://www.csuohio.edu/sociology/peter.htm

Alfredo Saad-Filho (SOAS, University of London, UK)
http://www.soas.ac.uk/staff/staffinfo.cfm?contactid=52

INVITED SESSION:
REVISITING MACROECONOMICS IN THE AGE OF FINANCE
Organised by: IDEAs (International Development Economics Associates)

C.P. Chandrasekhar (Jawaharlal Nehru University, India)

Jayati Ghosh (Jawaharlal Nehru University, India)

Prabhat Patnaik (Jawaharlal Nehru University, India)

Erinç Yeldan (Bilkent University, Turkey)
http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~yeldane/

MACROECONOMICS, GROWTH AND TECHNOLOGY POLICY

Pierre-Richard Agénor (TBC)(Yale University and the World Bank, USA)
http://www1.worldbank.org/wbiep/macro-program/agenor/index_agenor.htm

Alfred Kleinknecht (Technische Universiteit, Delft, The Netherlands)
http://www.flexcom.org/myfiles/cv_kleinknecht.htm

Daniel Malkin (OECD, France)

Branko Milanovic (The World Bank)
http://econ.worldbank.org/staff/2500/

Bart Verspagen (ECIS and Eindhoven University of Technology, The
Netherlands)
http://www.tm.tue.nl/ecis/bart/

MONEY, FINANCE AND BANKING

Pierpaolo Benigno (New York University, USA)
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~pb50/

Philipp Hartmann (European Central Bank)

Monique Jeanblanc (Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne, France)
http://www.maths.univ-evry.fr/pages_perso/jeanblanc/

Graciela L. Kaminsky (George Washington University, USA)
http://home.gwu.edu/%7Egraciela/index.htm

Ike Mathur (Southern Illinois University, USA)
http://www.cba.siu.edu/faculty/profiles/mathuri.htm

Paolo Pesenti (Federal Reserve Bank of New York, USA)
http://www.ny.frb.org/rmaghome/economist/pesenti/contact.html

Liliana Rojas-Suarez
http://www.cgdev.org/fellows/rojas-suarez.html

ECONOMETRICS

Karim Abadir (TBC, York University, UK)
http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~kma4/abadir.htm

Badi H. Baltagi (Texas A&M University, USA)
http://econweb.tamu.edu/baltagi/

Anindya Banerjee (European University Institute, Florence, Italy)
http://www.iue.it/Personal/Banerjee/Welcome.html

Luc Bauwens (Université Catholique de Louvain, CORE, Belgium)
http://www.core.ucl.ac.be/econometrics/Bauwens/CV/lb.htm

Hans-Martin Krolzig (TBC) (Oxford University, UK)
http://www.economics.ox.ac.uk/research/hendry/krolzig/default.htm

Jan Magnus (Tilburg University, The Netherlands)
http://center.uvt.nl/staff/magnus/

Marius Ooms (Free University Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
http://www.feweb.vu.nl/econometriclinks/ooms/

AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS

Hartley W. Furtan (University of Saskatchewan, Canada)

http://www.usask.ca/agriculture/agec/people/faculty/furtan.htm

Richard S. Gray (University of Saskatchewan, Canada)

http://www.usask.ca/agriculture/agec/people/faculty/gray.htm