(OPE-L) AHE Conference, July 8-9 in Nottingham, UK

From: OPE-L Administrator (ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 10:23:00 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee, Frederic" <leefs@umkc.edu>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 9:04 AM
Subject: IMPORTANT - AHE CONF

> Dear Colleague,
>
> This is just a reminder about the forthcoming Association for
> Heterodox
Economics Conference that is being held on 8-9 July 2003 at Nottingham
Trent University, Nottingham, UK.  Attached is the provisional program
for the conference.  For any subsequent changes see the AHE website:
http://www.hetecon.com.  The conference papers look really good--they
span the various heterodox approaches.  Then there are the plenary
sessions:  one by Geoff Harcourt on "The Centenary of Joan Robinson's
Birth" and the second by Tony Lawson on "The Future of Heterodox
Economics".  In addition John "Mr. ICAPE" Harvey will be the
after-dinner speaker.  All I can say is that this is going to be one
brilliant conference--hell I cannot think of a better way to spend a
couple of days than to listening to Geoff, Tony and John.  So for all of
you who are thinking about going to the
conference--STOP THINKING and GO.  For the rest of us who cannot make
it, look at the programme and turn green with envy.

> Some additional points:
>
> 1. the venue of the conference has been changed from the Waverley
> Building
to the Belgrave Centre on Chaucer Street.  This is clearly marked on the
NTU map which is found on the AHE website under conference and venue.
The text on the website will be updated as soon as possible.

> 2. Registration and accommodation details as also found on the website
under conference:
> http://www.hetecon.com.
>
> 3. ALL POSTGRADUATES (AND UNDERGRADUATES) CAN ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
WITHOUT PAYING THE CONFERENCE FEE; PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR STUDENTS TO
ATTEND THE CONFERENCE.