Class Against Class Website

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 13:42:28 EDT

interesting links to works by Riccardo B and others.
rb

http://www.geocities.com/cordobakaf/

CLASS AGAINST CLASS
Welcome to Class Against Class, a site dedicated to reclaiming the
Theory & Practice of Class Struggle from authoritarian groups or
those who would presume in some way to act on behalf of the working
class.The significance of the name 'Class Against Class' lies in our
recognition that despite the numerous & varied developements Capital
has undergone as a result of working class pressure,the basis for
its' existence remains in the'real' process of production &
reproduction,in the expropiation of surplus value by capital(i.e wage
labour);in its' simplest form we work for them.Who 'we' consists
of,the question of 'work',& who 'they' are,are of course open to
debate,& we welcome recent discussions of 'class recomposition',the
role of unpaid labour in reproduction,the 'refusal of work' etc.*

We have no particular 'party line',we only argue for the centrality
of working class self-activity in any attempts to go beyond the
existing social relations,and take as our starting point the
recognition that:
Meaningful action, for revolutionaries, is whatever increases the
confidence, the autonomy, the initiative, the participation, the
solidarity, the equalitarian tendencies and the self -activity of the
masses and whatever assists in their demystification. Sterile and
harmful action is whatever reinforces the passivity of the masses,
their apathy, their cynicism, their differentiation through
hierarchy, their alienation, their reliance on others to do things
for them and the degree to which they can therefore be manipulated by
others - even by those allegedly acting on their behalf.