Revolutionary Writing (Werner Bonefeld, editor)

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 17:50:44 EDT

Revolutionary Writing
Werner Bonefeld, editor

Fourteen radical essays in "open" or "autonomous" Marxism, subverting
(by critiquing) the typical concept of the political, and examining
the current configurations of the insurrection of global labor
against global capital. After a century of failed attempts to bring
about radical social change, the concept of revolution is itself in
crisis. The resurgence of anti-capitalist movements across the globe
is a hopeful sign. Yet, the most disturbing is the contemporary
indifference to revolution. What does anti-capitalism in its
contemporary form of anti-globalisation mean if it is not a practical
critique of capitalism and what does it wish to achieve if its
anti-capitalism fails to espouse the revolutionary project of human
emancipation? Anti-capitalist indifference to revolution is a
contradiction in terms. The misery of our time demands that we, once
again, dream revolution, that is, orient our theoretical and
practical activities on the ideal of the society of the free and
equal.

http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/FMPro?-db=Orders.fp5&-format=index.htm&-lay=HOME&-new