(OPE-L) Re: September 11th

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 08:26:44 EDT

Paul B wrote:

> Wasn't that how the US got into the Phillipines? more than a century ago?

Very similar, but there is no evidence to prove that the sinking
of the battleship "Maine" on February 15, 1898  in Havana
harbor was a "terrorist event."

It should be noted that there is a historical connection between
the Spanish-American War, which led to the Philippines becoming
(for a time) a colony of the US,  and the events that followed
9/11/01.  The connection?  Guantanomo Bay in Cuba which has
been occupied by US military forces since the end of the
Spanish-American War.  And, of course, "terrorist suspects"
are being held today at the Guantanomo Bay internment camp, in
Occupied Cuba, in appalling conditions without any rights and
in violation of international law and the accords of the Geneva
Convention.

In solidarity, Jerry